Some Known Incorrect Statements About Vaughan Ontario Map
Some Known Incorrect Statements About Vaughan Ontario Map
Blog Article
Unknown Facts About Vaughan Ontario Weather
Table of ContentsThe Best Strategy To Use For Vaughan Ontario MapVaughan Ontario Things To Know Before You Get ThisVaughan Ontario To Toronto Fundamentals ExplainedAn Unbiased View of Vaughan Ontario Postal CodeVaughan Ontario To Toronto Fundamentals ExplainedThe Buzz on Vaughan Ontario To TorontoNot known Details About Vaughan Ontario Postal Code
His children, in link with their cousin, William Wright, built a tannery and grist mill. A fire in 1828 consumed the new flour mill constructed by Mr.After his failure the property fell residential or commercial property the right into of David Macdougall & Co. On lot 34, concession 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, developed a saw-mill in 1825, which was ruined by an incendiary fire five years later, being reconstructed the list below year - vaughan ontario to toronto.
Some Known Details About Vaughan Ontario Apartments
It was once again burned and reconstructed, and is still in procedure. On lot 36, in the same giving in, Barnabas Lyons, a kid of John Lyons, formerly mentioned, built a sawmill in the year 1839, which was helped about thirty years. Hiram Dexter developed a saw-mill 011 lot 37, in the year 1836, which was in procedure for many years.
Patterson began procedures by the building of a saw-mill, afterwards establishing below the substantial farm carry out manufactory to which the area owes its prosperity. On great deal 41. in the very same concession, a saw-mill was constructed by Reuben Purr in the year 1828, which was benefited about twenty years. Mr.
Not known Facts About Vaughan Ontario To Toronto
Rowland Burr, his son, was among one of the most noted mid and manufacturing facility contractors in the very early days. lie set up a tlour millknown as the Greenfield Millon lot 41, which was rented to Mr (vaughan ontario apartments). Shephard, and was destroyed by fire regarding the year 1840. C. E. Lawrence developed a saw-mill on great deal 42, m 1834, and six years after that constructed a carding and fulling mill and woollen factory, which he worked for several years, until his death, after which it changed hands frequently.
A double-geared saw-mill was erected on whole lots 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Higher up, on the same branch of the stream, stood a distillery constructed by James McDavids in 1844.
Not known Facts About Vaughan On
Mr. Langstaff also had an apply factory on one more tiny branch of the Don, in the instant area. This was constructed in 1850, a steel data manufacturing facility being after that added. On lot 50, giving in 1, a saw-mill was built, in 1842, by a guy called Heslop, and benefited years.
In all, there have actually been very first to last twelve saw-mills, 7 grist mills, and three distilleries, improved the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Municipality. The settlement of Vaughan was finished concerning thirty-five years after the arrival of the pioneers. The general personality of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being heavy clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.

Not known Details About Vaughan Ontario Weather
Of the population in the last year those of More Bonuses German beginning numbered 993, being primarily the offspring of old inhabitants from Pennsylvania. There were 5,248 indigenous Canadians, data occupiers of land phoned number 824, of whom 500 were additionally proprietors. The total location in line of work was 67,848 acres. In 1881 the real-time supply of the township phoned number as adheres to: Livestock, 2,952; equines, 2,481; sheep, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.
Among the owners of pure-blooded cattle are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George Bell, Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and kids, and Edwin Langstaff. The local records of Vaughan, which have actually not been protected farther back than 1850, reveal that in that year the council was arranged under the new regulations which then carne in pressure by the election of David Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.
At the first meeting held in the town hall in the fifth giving in, J. W. Gamble was chosen reeve and David Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was chosen township staff, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Doorperson, assessors. At a subsequent conference, Rev. James Penis was appointed superintendent of Usual Institutions at a wage of 20.
Little Known Facts About Vaughan On.

Arnold loaded the chair in 1861 and both adhering to years, with William Cook as deputy-reeve. In 18G4 H- S. Howland was once more picked reeve, and continued to hold the position umi] 1868. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve during the former year, and Thos. Graham for 1865-7. In 1868 the reeveship dropped to Peter Full Report Patterson, and William Hartman and Robert J.
Indicators on Vaughan Ontario Weather You Should Know
In this year All. G. J. F. Pearce, that had officiated as township clerk and treasurer for virtually 10 years, resigned, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was assigned to prosper him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for four years. David Boyle view publisher site was elected reeve in 1872-3, and W. C. Patterson did well to the office in 1874, and preserved it for numerous years.
The primary municipal authorities for 1884 are as adheres to: Reeve, T. Porter, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Chef, Carville; 2nd deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; 3rd deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; municipality clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hill. Mr - vaughan ontario. Lawrence is of U. E. Patriot beginning
Report this page